Friday, February 20, 2009

More bragging about my boys...

Drew's elementary school was the lucky recipient of an art grant from the Utah legislature which provided funding for a dance teacher. It's an awesome program that strives to teach kids math, science, English, history and more, through the art of dance and movement. Last night we were able to see Drew and his classmates perform at a special "Gallery Walk" at his school. They did a "dance" with "shape-shifters" (that's what Drew called them... they were just big rubber bands) illustrating all the geometrical shapes they could make with their bodies and their prop.
It was so cool to watch! And I'm such a sucker for cool new ways to teach kids things... I totally started tearing up because I thought it was so cool and such an amazing opportunity for these kids! I just love learning and I know that cool things like this will encourage my boys to love learning too!

Speaking of loving learning... My star reader Will earned his Alphabet Crown at preschool which means he knows all his upper and lower case letters and their phonetic sounds.... well, duh! We already knew that! He's known that stuff forever it seems! Still, it was special to be recognized at school with a special crown:) He's such a smarty-pants, I just know he's going to love school because it all just seems to come so naturally for him.
Great job boys! Keep up the great work!!


3 comments:

Kellybee said...

What a cool idea for school! I bet Drew loved doing that. Be sure to tell both Drew and Will that I said "Way to Go!" and that I love them!

The Larson Family said...

I also love things that help my kids to love learning. It really was a great dance! There are so many ways to help children learn...why not make it fun!?! Love it! Thanks for the neighbor comment! We are so glad you're our neighbors too! :0)

The Niebuhr's said...

Those kids are getting so big. Drew looked so grown up. It's carzy!