Monday, February 9, 2009

Drew's 8th Birthday!

Drew chose to have a dog party to celebrate his 8th Birthday and I'll tell you what... P. D. Eastman was definately on to something when he wrote "Go, Dog. Go!"... a dog party is a GREAT idea!
Drew and I sat down together and planned his party together and it was so fun to hear all his great ideas! He's very creative and when we put our heads together... fun, fun, fun was the result! We started the party with a hot dog dinner and all the boys decorated their own dog bowl. Then we played games centered around things dogs are good at... we had a smelling contest with all sorts of different smells, held a barking contest similar to charades, played a Go fetch! relay, and instead of a pinata, we filled a baby pool with shredded paper and candy, taped the boys thumbs (because dogs don't have thumbs) and let them dig for their treats.

It was total chaos and so much fun! We winded down to some doggy yoga and then watched "Space Buddies"...
The party could have/should have ended there, but call me crazy, the boys all slept (if that's what you can honestly call it?) over... I won't go into detail, but let's just say, we won't be having sleep-overs again anytime soon:) But what we'll ALWAYS remember is that Drew had an AWESOME 8th Birthday! I love him so much and am scared to death about him growing up too fast, but I am so proud of the young man he is becoming!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great party idea! And the games and activities are so imaginative! Drew will certainly remember this birthday his whole life through.

Stacey said...

You are a brave, brave woman to let all those 8 year old boys spend the night at your house. We told Sawyer that he couldn't have a sleepover until he was 8 (Feb. 27th) but relented a few weeks back with ONE boy and it went great but I am trying not to do it again for a long, long time. Faith is having a slumber party for her b-day and I am bracing myself for that. Having one girl sleep over is easy but with several I am sure it will be similar to Drew's. I am sure I will be blogging about it.

Kellybee said...

James and Jesse had so much fun...but we told James no more sleepovers too, because he was an ornery bear the next day!!! The pictures turned out darling!
What a fun night!