Friday, April 3, 2009

Potty Training Woes...

I have honestly never claimed to enjoy the potty training part of parenting... With Drew, I was awful at it! And he was highly uncooperative. Together we both experienced major challenges and frustrations. Eventually he did become potty trained of course, but not without a lot of bumps and bruises along the way!
Will was a TON easier... Not necessarily for any particular reason, I just think he was ready to be like his big brother. Seriously, with the help of a "Potty Jar" filled with his favorite treats, he was potty trained in a day!
Now here I am with our new little puppy, trying with all my might to channel my inner potty trainer in order to keep this beautiful little creature from pooping on my livingroom floor! I wish I could put him in diapers! Or at least underwear! The ad we followed to find Max said that he was already potty trained... SOOO not true! And today I was at my wits end! I've read every piece of literature possible about how to potty train a puppy, as well as gathered advice from so many of my dog-owner friends. We are all on the same page as a family(we've employed a "Potty Jar" like the one we used for Will), but we are also all on pins and needles! Whenever he starts sniffing the ground we jump up and put him outside... still, I turn my head for literally 2 seconds and there's a pile of poop on my floor! AAARRGGHHH!!! Everyone keeps telling me it will get better and I really want that to be true! The sooner the better!

No comments: