Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cramming "Summer Break" into 6 weeks!

(And then narrowing it down to 5 pics to represent said break...)

Thanks to the boys' year-round school schedule, we have been commissioned to squeeze 3 months worth of activities into just 6 weeks! And let me tell you... we have been BUSY accepting this challenge!!

Here are just a few pics of how we've been spending our limited time this summer:
There's been swim lessons, golf lessons, Little Gym day camp, Cub Scout day camp, hiking all through these beautiful mountains on as many different trails as we can find,
visiting water parks, museums and botanical gardens,
followed by more hiking, lounging by the pool, playing at the Daybreak "Lake" (it's more like a pond, but it has a beach so we'll take it!),
spending as much time as possible with cousins and friends and other family, BBQing almost every night (Will's been asking if we'll ever have Beef Stroganoff again), and more that I can't think of right now!!
Some days I am overwhelmed and therefore turn into the grouchiest mother in the world, other days I am loving all this running around and quality time with my boys! Such is life... and I'm just taking it as it goes!
So here we are with our final week of Summer upon us... Drew heads back on the 27th & Will on Aug. 4th. Man time flies when you're cramming 8 million activities into a small block of it!

2 comments:

Shane and Geana said...

Man you guys stay so busy, all the while excercising every day and eating well. I dont know how you do it, but it surely sounds fun. I was going to tell you that I think if you just upload 5 pictures at a time, it will let you do 5 more after the first ones are loaded. I only tried it once, so I am not an expert, but I know people put WAY more than 5 in a post so it is possible.

It was so good to see you guys and we had a great day. We stopped at that little refurbished train car near the train and got a treat. It was really cute--small, but cute.

Lynsie said...

What Geana said- upload them then when they are done, upload more. It puts the last ones first, so you have to mess with where they go if you want to, but its pretty easy.

Now onto your 6 weeks of summer vacation... You guys are ambitious!! I would probably tell them twice a week we could do something, and actually do something once a week.
That water park looks fun! Where is that? We don't play in the water much, but we are going to need to cuz Jaimen is getting to that age.