Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reality Bites

I'm debating the reasons to even update this blog anymore. I am leaning towards gigantic waste of time and here's why... Blogs make life appear perfect and happy ALL THE TIME when the truth is, LIFE IS NOT HAPPY ALL THE TIME! And I don't for one minute believe that people would care to hear about what's REALLY going on in my life, apart from the happy memories I normally post on here. Like Baseball and Football season was fun, Drew's piano recital was nice, Will broke his arm, Jeff coached Will's baseball team, the boys participated in a fabulous dance festival at their school... all of these things I have photos of, of course... but the truth is while all this has been going on, I've been suffering from a major depression and cannot bear to pretend that my life is as beautiful and perfect as it seems. In fact, I think the pressure of polishing my life for a blog is adding to my depression. Life is long. Life is boring. Life falls below our expectations. I'm just going to focus on surviving and smiling and am not going to blog anymore. Oh blah de oh blah da, life goes on!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, I admire your complete honestly. That's so true, but I've never really thought of that before. We polish up our lives (and our pictures) to put the picture perfect post up on our blogs and it's not completely realistic. Why would we post the bad stuff? Well, if I can give you one reason to keep blogging, it would be because I love that this current era of technology has helped me to get to know family and friends better than I've ever known them before! I'm your cousin and I never knew anything about you until I started reading your blog and facebook posts! Even if it's not 100% the real you, at least you have shared little pieces of your life and I've enjoyed getting to know you!

Unknown said...

Ditto here... There are times that I love blogging, and I'm on here all the time with stuff we're doing, stuff that makes us happy, yada, yada, yada. But, yeah...life basically sucks at other times. I just quit blogging when those times hit, because I, like you, can't bear to keep polishing things up. But this, too, will pass...and I, like Brooke, have loved being in touch with you through this medium. Your whole family was distanced from us for so many years.... Divorce is such a B*&%$!!!

On the other hand, know that you're in my thoughts. I'm sorry you've been battling the depression demon. I don't know about the Pilgrims, but several of us Browns have owned stock in the depression franchise at one time or another. Blame our DNA if you like. But please don't disappear completely. K?

Stacey said...

I am sad that you are depressed but I LOVE the honesty. I would like to bitch and moan on my blog all the time but Kyle's grandparents (who live in Florida) read it along with my in-laws and a bunch of old people that would love to gossip if anything "appeared" wrong. I have often thought of starting a blog and keeping it private so that I can say what I want! You should read my friend, Jen's blog. It is just "Jen" in my blog list. She is always super honest and it is hilarious and refreshing! I am not a scrapbooker nor do I keep a journal so my blog is it. Write and be honest...I think you would be surprised at all the support you would have! I hope things start to look up :) Take care!

Kellybee said...

I think we all know that life isn't perfect all the time...but I really enjoy the pictures of you and your family because I love you guys, and it keeps me connected in your life when my life isn't so perfect and I don't have the time to connect with you as often as I would like. I am so sorry that you feel so sad right now. You know I've been there too. But I know how strong you are and whatever it is that has got you down, I know you'll kick its ass! Come over to my house and we can let the kids play, hold a baby and talk!!! And EAT!