Friday, February 26, 2010

A Valentine's Story...

I just got these pics today and I just had to blog them. I was in charge of planning Will's class Valentine's Day party this year and I was lucky enough to find two volunteers who were willing to act out a little play for the students as part of the party. The book is called "Falling for Rapunzel" by Leah Wilcox and it's about a hearing-impaired Rapunzel who throws down everything BUT her hair for her prince charming...

The cast:
Rapunzel, her maid (that's me) and prince charming (that's Jeff)


The story:
"Once upon a bad hair day, a prince rode up Rapunzel's way."

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, throw down your hair!"












"She thought he said, 'Your underwear.'"

The kids all roared with laughter as she tossed out her underwear and they landed on Jeff's head.



"No, Rapunzel, Your curly locks!... your silky tresses!..."

"Rapunzel threw down dirty socks... silky dresses..."


The prince says "Rapunzel, do you have a rope?"

"Rapunzel dropped a cantaloupe."



That's Rapunzel's daughter who caught the cantaloupe.



"O.K. Rapunzel, how 'bout twine?... or a ladder?"



"She heaved out her blue-ribbon swine." Followed by pancake batter!

For his final try he shouts: "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your BRAID!"

"Confused Rapunzel pushed out her maid."





"The maid fell squarely on the prince, quite pleased with the coincidence.

Then smiling said, "For what it's worth, you'll find I'm really down to earth."

His young hearth thrilled, he gave a hoot, for what was more, the maid was cute!"

The prince and the maid rode off together and lived happily ever after.

The maid concludes the story saying, "I fell for you when we first met." The prince replies, "How could I forget?"

THE END

I truly mean it when I say that I could NEVER have asked for a better Valentine! The fact that Jeff was willing to act this out with me, and that he really got into it, doing the most hilarious prince charming voice EVER, is better than flowers or chocolates! I'm so thankful for my Valentine!! And Will's class thought it was awesome too! (Also, notice the principal in the background of some of the pics... he actually stopped by just to watch the show. Very cool!)

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I misspelled something, so I deleted the first post......
Anyway... What a DARLING story! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pic of Jeff holding you. You DO look mighty cute!

Kellybee said...

Oh! This made me smile! I love that book. I bet Will was so excited to have you both participate in his party. I think you and Jeff are wonderful parents and valentines!
Thanks for all the sweet thoughts you left on my blog! I have missed you to, and I am excited to get out and "play" with you again. Tucker is going to get baptized into our hiking club this summer! We definitely will get the boys together again. They have been talking about their sleep over for weeks. Thanks for always being such a great Aunt to them. They LOVE you! I do too!
Kelly

MG said...

What a cute couple and a lucky to boy to have such caring and involved parents

Shane and Geana said...

Jeff is such a good sport, that looks like so much fun!! I wish I had a little hint of your creativity, your children's classes will be blessed for years to come.

Lynsie said...

Wow! My husband would never ever even think of saying yes to doing something like this. Props to Jeff for that!

Stacey said...

Very cute story! It is so nice that Jeff has working hours that allows him to be so involved during school hours! I know it is something your boys will never forget!

Rob and Tracee said...

That's so funny that you know Angie! We grew up together. I love her, she's awesome! What a cute idea too.