Friday, March 6, 2009

The story of my Thing one & Thing two...

Twas a very fine morning when Thing 1 left on his way. For today at school they were celebrating Dr. Seuss' Day!

"I wish I could celebrate Dr. Seuss' Day too," said Thing 2 with a frown. To which I replied "well let's get the stuff down!"

"Green eggs and ham for breakfast would be a fine place to start!" So we got out the eggs and broke them apart.

A lesson of what colors combined to make green, was of course part of the plan that was forseen.

Why, it's yellow yolks with food coloring of blue... what a great way to teach this fact simple and true!

Of course, any celebration in our house is never complete, until we've dressed up from our head to our feet!

And where did we get such a costume so clever? I made it last year for Drew and he says he won't wear it again... EVER!


I, however, am not ever too shy, to put on a costume... I don't pretend to know why?

So after our colorful breakfast so fine, we snuggled on the couch and read every Dr. Seuss book we could find.

Then Thing 2 said "I have an idea that's great!... Let's go on a green hunt! Come on, I can't wait!"

We searched high and low, and found all sorts of greens, then we watched "Horton hears a Who!" about a kangaroo who is mean.

Twas a really fun way to spend the day with Thing 2, I sure love being a stay-at-home mom with Willzee-woo!

4 comments:

Elder Larson said...

You are so cool! I love all that you do with your kiddos! Blake and I did exactly that too! He wanted to be "Ish" just like Camden - then we had green eggs and read lots of Dr. Seuss books too! I'll have to borrow the green egg costume for myself next year!! :0) Too funny!

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! Love the costume.

Kellybee said...

Wendi, Wendi, Wendi!
How proud I am of you...
That you love your thing one and thing two!
Your story was so fun to read
your boys have a very fun mom indeed!
Miss you! See you soon!

The Niebuhr's said...

I was going to write this a while ago but I forgot. My mom did this when I was in joy-school. I remember loving it!