Monday, January 11, 2010

Time capsule's and Goals... I'm a believer!

So last night at the 2nd Sunday Bergstrom dinner we opened a time capsule that the majority of the ever-expanding family contributed to way back in 2000. Judy (my awesome Mother-in-law) had us all fill out a worksheet about our likes and dislikes and that sort of thing. I have to admit that I was worried about what I had written because I feel like I've changed so much from the person I was 10 years ago...

Ten years ago we were living in Georgia. Jeff was in the Air Force and I was Executive Director of Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful. We were struggling with infertility issues and poor and just scraping to get by. But we were in love and we had big plans for our future.

Fast forward to last night and I just have to say how happy I was to see that in spite of how much I've grown and changed, I am exactly where I wanted myself to be! Here's how I knew... to the question that asked "Where I see myself in 10 years" I wrote this:
Living in the west with a cute little family in a decent sized house with a good
sized yard. Taking summer vacations as a family and scrap booking like crazy.
Still madly in love with my Jeffy!

And that is just where I feel I am!! I attribute it to "Self-fulfilling Prophecy"... Even though I forgot I'd ever written that, subconsciously I've always known where I wanted my life to go, and I made it happen. So I say set goals! Make resolutions! Live in the now, but always ask yourself: "Am I living the life I want to be living?" "Am I the person I want to be?" Hold yourself accountable for realizing your dreams!

P.S. Man I hate that pic up top! But I just wanted to illustrate the change:)

6 comments:

Shane and Geana said...

What a great post. I love that you accomplished all of the things you wrote. You should have written be a great mom, and thin, because those are two things you have also accomplished :)

MG said...

Cool stuff...I knew you back then and that picture is very nice. But you have changed a lot...

Lynsie said...

That is so cool! I remember my Grandma had us do something like this when we were younger, I think I was in 7th grade. She gave me mine when I got married... so funny to see what I wrote when I was younger. But this is a great idea to have. I can't believe 2000 was 10 years ago!! It doesn't seem like its been 10 years since I graduated

Unknown said...

VERY cool! You look younger now than ten years ago. Congratulations for achieving your dreams. Now. . go make some more!

Stacey said...

What a great idea. Also, I love your fun activities on NYE!! I am going to try that next year with the kids. In 10 years Faith will be 21-boy is that a shock to think about :(

Wendi said...

Thanks guys! I'm sure you won't check back to see this, but I thought I'd resond anyway. Thanks for all your kind words. And Susan... ALWAYS! I've always got a goal! That's what makes me tick!